[icecast] Restricting access to specific IPs

Pierre Amadio pierre.amadio at libertysurf.fr
Mon Feb 24 18:41:47 UTC 2003

Hi there.

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 09:59:46AM -0700, Kerry Cox wrote:
> I would think the /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny would do the
> trick.
> /etc/hosts.allow
>   icecast: 127.0.0.1 64.147.130. 192.168.0.
> /etc/hosts.deny
>   ALL: ALL
> Someone please correct me if I am wrong. It's been known to happen.
> KJ

As i have not seen any --with-libwrap in icecast configure script,i
don't think /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny will be used (i may be
wrong however :) ).

I guess a way to restrict all connection by ip would be to use some
firewall rules. A more flexible way would be to use the <mount> node in
icecast.xml and put a password and a login for mountpoint to restrict
acces at. I havent play with this yet, but i guess if it s in the config
file it may work. This would not be an ip based restriction but would
still let the administrator tell who can and cannot connect to icecast.

Hope this helps.

Pierre Amadio