[icecast] DTCR Project

Stephen Winnett winnett at ntl.sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 23 23:13:14 UTC 2003

> I think you will be VERY interested int he next upcoming
> release of SAM2 -
> www.spacialaudio.com
>
> Bryan

Is there a linux variation of a program such as this?

Our need is similar but slightly different.
We have one master site that will be preparing the content for
retrasmission.
The problem is that we cannot use live streams to our satellite
stations.  We must prepare a playlist from a pool of mp3's held at
each location.
The content is the same and must be the same and must be played at the
same time in each location.

Yes streaming is the way to do it but the unreliability of the
connections in our part of the world does not make this possible.

We need a linux command line based mp3 streamer with realtime
playlists fade outs and crossfade features would be nice be not
necessary.

We will compile the playlists at the central office and rsync the
directories and content hourly and hup the streamer to reload the
lists.

Any ideas?