[icecast] icecast 1.x vs icecast 2

ronnie at mixsessions.com ronnie at mixsessions.com
Wed Feb 19 03:01:13 UTC 2003

okay those are good reasons but where can I get more info

From: "Michael Smith" <msmith at labyrinth.net.au>
To:  <icecast at xiph.org>
Subject: Re: [icecast] icecast 1.x vs icecast 2

ronnie at mixsessions.com said:

> upgrade to icecast2? Should I?
>

> I have found alot on info on icecast 1.x. I am familiar with how to use it
and what it can do for me. I may be looking in the wrong places but I feel
info on icecast 2 is limitted and sometimes confusing. Is there anyone out
there that can direct me to info on icecast2. Or maybe explain what the big
advantage would be to change or upgrade to version 2. I only have interest in
streaming in mp3 format.

The major reasons to use icecast2 over 1.x are:
  stability
  security
  scalability
  support