[icecast] m3u - file definition

Johann Soukup jsoukup at netlantic.de
Tue Feb 18 14:52:05 UTC 2003

I'm not sure but it should be possible even Real Networks and
Microsoft support this feature in their playlist definitions to set
the start time and end time of each file.

In the Winamp documentation is at least the length of the file
specified which starts always at the 0 and plays to the length
of nnn seconds.

[playlist]
File1=Alternative\everclear - SMFTA.mp3
Title1=Everclear - So Much For The Afterglow
Length1=233

Some mp3 file have bad quality or no sound at the beginning or at the
end. Instead of cutting and editing the file I would like to set the
start and end time in a dynamic generated .m3u file

Best Regards

 - Johann

"Remco B. Brink" schrieb:

> <quote who="Johann Soukup">
>
> > Hello Remco,
> >
> > I found these decumentations before but they say nothing about
> > setting the start time and end time of each mp3 file entry in the
> > .m3u file
>
> Are you sure this is at all possible, let alone supported, in players
> that support the m3u format?
>
> -rbb
>
> --
>    Remco B. Brink -- Information Systems Developer, Opera Software ASA
>    Personal site at http://rc6.org - PGP key at http://rc6.org/rbb.pgp

 Netlantic GmbH          | phone +49 8122 222830-37
 Johann Soukup           | fax   +49 8122 222830-79
 Hallbergmooser Str. 5   |  http://www.netlantic.de
 D-85445 Schwaig/Munich  |  j.soukup at netlantic.de