[icecast] m3u - file definition

Johann Soukup jsoukup at netlantic.de
Tue Feb 18 14:10:33 UTC 2003

Hello

is there any documentation on the .m3u file definition ?

I want to define a .m3u playlist where I have to define the start and
end point of the single mp3 file.

The .m3u files is supposed to handle multiple tracks from one file.
Just with put a tab, start time (seconds), tab, end time (seconds) after
the path to
mark where it starts and ends in the file.

  #First Track
  /dos/data/file1.mp3 20 60
  #Second Track
  /dos/data/file2.mp3 40 120
  #Third Track
  /dos/data/file3.mp3 35 70

I tried it already with tab and spaces but nothing works. Has anybody
ran into this problem ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

 - Johann
 Netlantic GmbH          | phone +49 8122 222830-37
 Johann Soukup           | fax   +49 8122 222830-79
 Hallbergmooser Str. 5   |  http://www.netlantic.de
 D-85445 Schwaig/Munich  |  j.soukup at netlantic.de