[icecast] streaming ogg from WinAmp

Chris G Moguta chrisg1 at umbc.edu
Mon Feb 17 22:01:57 UTC 2003

>===== Original Message From "Mitchell" <mjs at blitztechnology.net> =====
>Also what is a recommended quality to stream ogg at so that modem listeners
>can pick it up with out many skips.  I found that 32k was fine in most
>instances when using mp3, but not sure how that would relate to the ogg
>format.

Quality -1 + Mono tends to hover around 32Kbps.  Or Quality -1 + 22kHz, but I
find the latter more appealing.

"Time & Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda"
the composer of Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, & Xenogears
www.OneUpStudios.com

"Project Majestic Mix: SQUAREDANCE"
your favorite SQUARESOFT tunes... in dance style!
www.MajesticMix.com