[icecast] ices live streaming problems?

Karl Heyes karl at pts.tele2.co.uk
Wed Feb 12 23:57:07 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 21:49, Bryan Koschmann - GKT wrote:

> Yes, it does. Named scanner.ogg
>
> I just tried something though. Xmms has its libvorbis.so listed and
> enabled. But I just tried from the commandline on the server using ogg123,
> and it seems to be working just fine.
>
> Although using ogg123 from my client here at work gives me this:
>
> [bryank at net bryank]$ ogg123 http://11.22.33.44:8000/scanner.ogg
> E: input not an Ogg Vorbis audio stream.
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

what versions of the packages are being used. CVS or tarballs from some
time ago.  The ogg123 on the server would indicate that the stream is
actually ok, so verify the version of xmms, the two ogg123, and the libs
installed.

I suspect the libvorbis.so you mentioned is only the interface code
between xmms and the actual ogg vorbis libs.  You can run ldd
libvorbis.so to see what it loads.

karl.