[icecast] Ice Cast / win32 basic help

Darren darren at dazdaz.org
Mon Dec 22 15:39:53 UTC 2003

Hi,

I've downloaded and experimented a little with the latest Windows
Icecast, aka icecast2_win32_2.0_beta3_setup.exe and can't seem
to work out how to configure it with the xml file.

I wondered if anybody had a very basic guide for a complete
newbie.  Perhaps a very simplified xml config, that would
make understanding how this works much, much easier.

I can login to http://localhost:8000/admin/

So to tune in, do I do this in winamp with ctrl + l ?
Winamp 5 just says connecting and does nothing more.

http://localhost:8001/web/example.ogg

I would be happy to test any win32 gui.  I'm going through the
archives, and experimenting some more but guidance would be
very much appreciated.

Are suggestions welcome to the list ?  How about a simplified
config example alongside the distribution, that would be great.

Kind regards,
Darren