[icecast] winamp 5 release

Christopher G djmoguta at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 18 14:33:07 UTC 2003

>Hi Dave,
>
>I installed it one month ago and was very surprised by the sound quality.
>The stream seemed to sound better in Quintessential than in Winamp.
>
>MAX

You guys are very tired of WinAmp, and I'm very tired of people making vague
unbacked claims of improved "sound quality."

Do you mean the equalizer is more accurate?  Do you mean that (w/o any DSP
or EQ) files decoded on QuinPlayer sound clearer than WinAmp?  Can you ABX
it?

Until you can give a solid foundation for your assertion, I must assume that
your claim is hyperbole.  (Which it usually is.  See: MAD decoder)