[icecast] Status.xml

Adon Irani adon at yorku.ca
Wed Dec 17 08:31:24 UTC 2003

> The database is also a nice idea, I didn't think about it. Just one
> suggestion, you could maybe run the script that updates the metadata to the
> DB on the ENCODER computer. It might reduce the delay...

currently, i want the main server to handle rebroadcast as well as live
streams , so i track the current now-playing shows through the database .
and use the status dumps to confirm the stream presence and listener
count. so i am not as concerned w/ the encoder metadata just yet .,

but in the past , ( and in reference to your FTP question ) , i have
dumped the status on the ENCODER box , and then used nsftpput (or somthin
like that ) to update the main network as to what is happening . once the
file is transferred , i could grep the file to get whatever data it was i
needed .

 a:/,