[icecast] winamp 5 release

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Wed Dec 17 04:02:02 UTC 2003

I just downloaded & installed the final release and it works fine for me.
There is still the old problem with Winamp crashing when a vorbis stream is
interrupted or the internet connection is dodgy.  This is an issue with
in_vorbis.dll v1.35 and Nullsoft don't appear to want to fix it.

I'm having to recommend my clients to use MP3 for streaming to supermarkets,
malls etc because of this problem.  My software relies on using Winamp.
It's too risky if there is an interruption and it crashes.

Ross Levis
http://www.stationplaylist.com