[icecast] Setting Up A Master-Slave Relay Problem

Adon Irani adon at yorku.ca
Tue Dec 16 15:41:38 UTC 2003

i can say more .. but what i've done is have ices/icecast run on the
studio machine . i've got scripts to handle the start/stop of the show ,
and this then also triggers a single stream relayed to the main network .
and this could be further altered to run a transcode session on the main
server ( to create a lower quality ogg or mp3, etc )

(check out http://theDV8network.com , tho i don't have live shows up yet .
i got the scripts working in house, next step is to rebuild the studio
machine before we go live again on a regular basis .. )

but if you want to write off list , i could help you sketch out a suitable
procedure for your setup ( my scripts aren't quite ready for public
release, )