[icecast] Setting Up A Master-Slave Relay Problem

Kerry Cox kerry.cox at ksl.com
Fri Dec 12 17:42:00 UTC 2003

Yes, but using the slave pull from master configuration works well. I
simply configure the master to allow connections from the slave and the
slave then pulls all the data it needs off.
I have this working well on two productions icecast2 machines down in S.
California. The master sits in the main radio station headquarters while
the server (to which everyone connects) sits up in San Jose. It pulls
the single audio stream off of the master and re-encodes it. Hundreds of
users connect to the slave.
Contact me off list for more specific configs.
KJ