[icecast] IceS and Icecast for real time streaming...

Harish Kamath harish.kamath at gamebox.net
Fri Dec 5 05:18:44 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I have requirement for one of my college projects - to build
an on-demand streaming music web site. Users will be able to upload songs
to the server and other members of the site will be able to listen and
rate them on their quality etc.

Here is a little background about my development architecture - I am
using a Linux box with Apache as my web server and Icecast (obviously) as my
MP3 streaming server (along with IceS). I have managed to configure
Icecast and IceS to streaming song - of course, this is from static playlist
file.
However, I need these feature on demand, much like you have
implemented it. Furthermore, the song should only play once and stop.

Regards,
Harish.