[icecast] problems streaming ogg with ices2 and icecast2

Nigel Lupton luptonn at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 11:03:45 UTC 2003

Hi there,

I'm trying to stream audio from my audio card using ices2/icecast2.  I've
been following the unofficial HOWTO at
http://www.6809.org.uk/media/ices2-howto.shtml.  So, I've downloaded and
installed libshout2, ices2 and icecast2.

Everything starts up OK and I can get stats by pointing my browser at the
admin page:

  <?xml version="1.0" ?>
- <icestats>
  <client_connections>5</client_connections>
  <connections>8</connections>
  <source_connections>3</source_connections>
  <sources>0</sources>
- <source mount="/test.ogg">
  <audio_info>samplerate=22050;channels=2;bitrate=64</audio_info>
  <bitrate>64</bitrate>
  <channels>2</channels>
  <public>0</public>
  <samplerate>22050</samplerate>
  <type>Ogg Vorbis</type>
  </source>
  </icestats>

However, if I try to get at the stream by pointing the browser at /test.ogg
I get a 404 error.

I've tried saving the stream using the <savefile> tag in the ices.xml config
file.  This file is always 0 bytes long.

Has anybody seen this before?  I'm running redhat/fedora core1.

Thanks,

Nigel.