[icecast] Icecast in Macromedia Flash

assorgia at tin.it assorgia at tin.it
Wed Dec 3 16:24:51 UTC 2003

> I'm really happy you successfully got it with Mozilla. Where did you get the
> headers information? In Icecast2 logs?
I followed the instructions posted by Karl Heyes, making a dump on
my linux box running icecast 2.0

> As soon as I know where to find the
> header information sent by IE, I will change the php script to cross the
> valid headers information sent by Mozilla with the necessary information
> needed by IE. The aim is to give Icecast the impression that the client is
> Mozilla.
So you intend to embed your movie on a web page that opens a PHP
script that in turn opens a socket, reads input from icecast server and
streams it to the flash movie?
Wouldn't it be easier to use icecast 1.3 and live peacefully?

> Also, I read that the Flash player, since 6.0.60.65, also sends
> header information to the server. I guess it is why you got "Accept:
> application/x-shockwave-
> flash,text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,t
> ext/plain;q=0.8,image/png,image/jpeg,image/gif;q=0.2,*/*;q=0.1"

I don't know. I only know that I have version 7.0 of the flash plugin in
both browser.

> In the headers you mentioned what are those sent by the client and those
> received?
I don't know for sure because the dump does not report such
information but I bet your guess is right. Anyway you can find the
entire dump at the usual place:
http://www.sardegnaoggi.it/downloads/tcpdump.zip

> Do you think I can change the Accept headers like this:
> Accept: */*
> Accept-Encoding: * (I am not sure for this one)
> Accept-Charset: *

I suppose yes, but I think that at this point some help from the
development team is needed. I'm sure they'll be alble to find the
problem at an eyesight. (At least I hope so....)

As for my guess... I think that explorer does something to the data,
like trying to uncompress it or interpreting in any other way. But this is
only a guess.