[icecast] Icecast in Macromedia Flash

Macsym macsym69 at yahoo.fr
Wed Dec 3 01:49:10 UTC 2003

Hi Assorgia,

Thanks for the network dumps. As you say, it's weird because Flash, even
when embedded, can access the stream of Icecast2. I already noticed it by
analyzing Icecast2's logs as I wrote in the first message of this topic.
There is something I couldn't see in the network dumps: is the embedded
flash DOWNLOADING the stream even if it doesn't play it (with Icecast2)?

I thought the problem might be a security issue, so I read all security
whitepapers on Flash player but I think it doesn't apply to media files. See
one example at
http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/flash/articles/fplayer_security.html.
Crossdomain or Sandbox issues should occur with data but not with media.
Maybe, the modifications in Icecast2 streams make flash believe the file is
corrupted or unsecured.

Because you wrote "I the unsuccessful tests using icecast 2.0 I login using
http login as x- audiocast doesn't see to work in this case." I tried to
change my php script with the following line:

fputs($sock, "protocol: \"x-audiocast\"\n");

instead of

fputs($sock, "protocol: \"http\"\n");

but it didn't solve the problem

Cheers,