[icecast] Icecast in Macromedia Flash

assorgia at tin.it assorgia at tin.it
Tue Dec 2 08:39:31 UTC 2003

> I believe he said he tried it with icecast 1.x and it worked - this is very
> strange, to say the least. Without detailed network dumps, it's hard to even
> guess at what might be being done differently.

I'm using icecast 1.3 and flash plug-in to play back the streams. It
works great, as I said yesterday, and you can test it yourself
downloading the little player I made (4Kb).
http://www.sardegnaoggi.it/downloads/myplayer.zip

maybe I could provide network dumps of a working system (icecast
1.3) and one from a not working system (icecast 2.0) if you tell me
exactly what you need.
Do you need a network dump from the server or from the client
side? And how do I make a network dump on Linux or Windows?