[icecast] [Fwd: Icecast2 and ices]

W. Kevin Pedigo kevinp at kplug.org
Tue Aug 26 00:04:41 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 23:45, Drew Bertola wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 14:10, Dave St John wrote:
> > Sorry for trying to help.
>
> You tried to sell me a solution, not assist me in working out my own.

Oh... let it go, guys.
You have a problem, he has a solution.
He shouldn't have contacted you offlist.  Granted.
We all agree with you.  It's poor netiquette to privately use list
addresses for commercial purposes.  We know that, and now he does, too.
We collectively slap his wrists.

But if your problem is serving more bandwidth than you've got, you gotta
serve less (narrower or fewer streams) or get more bandwidth.  It's that
simple.  Tell us what you want to do about it, and we'll try to help.

But /dev/null the argument, huh?  It's not productive.