[icecast] Transition to IceCast 2

W. Kevin Pedigo kevinp at kplug.org
Sun Aug 24 21:49:41 UTC 2003

I'm trying to migrate to icecast2 from 1.3.12, and having a bit of
trouble with the admin interface.

I have a need to programmatically control icecast, including dumping the
stream to a file, among other things.

Under the old icecast, it was relatively easy to open a socket to port
8000 on the icecast server and programmatically interact with the admin
console.

I can't seem to get it to work with icecast2...Can't seem to use telnet
to log onto the admin interface either....  Are there more docs out
there somewhere than I got with icecast-2.0-alpha-20030804, can the list
help me, or am I just going to have to go source-code diving?

Thanks in advance

kevin

Thanks to Linux Toys, I'm listening to Sliabh Geal Goua by Jean-Yves
lePape, etal