[icecast] problem installing Icecast

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Thu Aug 14 16:52:50 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 17:29, D Sledge wrote:
> I'm trying to install Icecast in my home directory using the method described in the following doc
> under the heading "Customized compilation."
>
> http://melmoth.dyndns.org/stream/doc/x145.html
>
> However, when I run the autogen.sh script for ices, I get the following messages:
>
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> configure: /usr/bin/pkg-config couldn't find libshout. Try adjusting PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> checking for shout-config... no
> configure: error: must have libshout installed!
>
> I've tried playing around with PKG_CONFIG_PATH, but I didn't make any headway.

If you installed libshout in a non-standard place with --prefix then you
need to tell the configure script where to find it, via PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Assuming libshout was built and installed with --prefix=/home/Sledge

then try

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/Sledge/lib/pkgconfig

then re-run autogen.sh for ices

karl