[icecast] ices2 - Unreasonable error?

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Tue Aug 12 16:45:31 UTC 2003

Hi:

I hit a problem where a script that should return one of a list of files to
be played is returning the same one each time.  This is obviously not an
ices problem, it's what ices did with it that bugs me.  Here's the error:

[2003-08-12  12:17:26] DBUG playlist-script/playlist_script_get_filename
Program/script ("/usr/bin/egosched") returned filename
"/var/music/Rush/Different_Stages_(Disc_3)/11_Cinderella_Man.ogg"
[2003-08-12  12:17:26] EROR playlist-builtin/playlist_read Cannot play same
file twice in a row, skipping

after trying several times to get a different filename, which it obviously
didn't get, it gave up and killed off ices.

Now, I just want to know why this limitation is there.  I can think of
completely legitimate reasons for wanting to repeat a file that's just
played.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html