[icecast] ices & savefile

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Tue Aug 5 13:59:24 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 12:34, Matt Trim wrote:
> Apologies for asking so many questions - hope this isn't in the FAQ
> somewhere!?
>
> I would like to use the <savefile> option in ices but am wondering how to
> specify a unique filename to be created each time ices is executed so the
> previous savefile is not overwritten?
>
> eg, is there a way to specify:
>
> <savefile>mystream-%time-%date.ogg</savefile>
>
> that would for example create a file:
>
> mystream-10:00:00-01-08-2003.ogg

not in CVS ices2, the problem is fairly involved to get into, not so
much for the initial filename but for things such as timing out or if
there's a problem with the link to icecast.

If you want to try out something like this then look at my mods I did a
while ago in www.xiph.org/~karl, you'll need a slightly modified xml
file (look in conf/) and the libshout on there as well.

The expansion in there allows for strftime codes, so streams-%B/%X.ogg
should work just fine.

karl.