[icecast] Icecast drop in replacement for shoutcast

Travis Pinney tpinney at trinity.edu
Sun Apr 20 21:42:59 UTC 2003

Does anyone have an icecast.xml configuration that is made to work as a
shoutcast server? Where you can use shoutcast dsp to send metadata and
music.
I was reading something about how shoutcast uses two ports (one for
metadata and other for the audio stream).  I tried using 7999 in
shoutcast dsp and it connects
but it is not able to authorize.

Also is icecast able to support shoutcast playlists?

Thanks,
Travis