[icecast] Taking output from lame and streaming it

Tim Pozar pozar at lns.com
Thu Apr 17 11:16:43 UTC 2003

I haven't used libshout (perhaps I should) but I have a simple perl
script that does this for Icecast 1.x located at:

        http://www.lns.com/papers/mixice/

Tim

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 12:02:30PM +0200, Daniel Seebald wrote:
> maybe you now could use darkice to stream the data from stdout to the
> icecast server.
> never tried this before but maybe it'll work.
>
> Mitchell Smith wrote:
>
> >Hi list,
> >
> >OK, I have managed to get somewhere, but now I am really stuck.
> >
> >I have taken the audio from esound and piped it to lame with something like
> >

> >esdmon | lame -h -b 32 -x - - |
> >
> >so I have this nicely encoded mp3 stream being piped to stdout, and from
> >there I have no idea how to get it to the icecast server.
> >
> >I dare say it could be done quite painlessly with libshout but I have no
> >idea how.  Pardon me for being slightly dense.
> >
> >Any clues would be hugely appreciated.
> >
> >>From Mitchell
> >
> >--- >8 ----
> >icecast project homepage: http://www.icecast.org/
> >containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No subject is needed.
> >Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be ignored/filtered.
> >
> --
> CU... Daniel

  Snail: Tim Pozar / LNS / 1978 45th Ave / San Francisco CA 94116 / USA
               POTS: +1 415 665 3790  Radio: KC6GNJ / KAE6247
   "Be who you are and say what you feel because the people who mind
    don't matter and the people who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss