[icecast] Taking output from lame and streaming it

Mitchell Smith mjs at blitztechnology.net
Thu Apr 17 06:18:20 UTC 2003

Hi list,

OK, I have managed to get somewhere, but now I am really stuck.

I have taken the audio from esound and piped it to lame with something like

o I have this nicely encoded mp3 stream being piped to stdout, and from
there I have no idea how to get it to the icecast server.

I dare say it could be done quite painlessly with libshout but I have no
idea how.  Pardon me for being slightly dense.

Any clues would be hugely appreciated.