[icecast] cannot get icecast and ices to talk...authentication failed

Keegan Quinn kquinn at respond2.com
Tue Apr 8 17:21:07 UTC 2003

On Monday 07 April 2003 09:29 pm, Geoff Shang wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Keegan Quinn wrote:
> > Is this documented anywhere at all?  I'd like to know what I should've
> > been reading to figure this out.  Source code, right?
>
> Well.  The icecast mount stuff I would have thought would be pretty
> self-explanatory in the config file.  They're used to do stuff that's an
> exception to the general stuff defined above..

I agree for the most part - it just seems by the example, that you need mount
tags to attach a stream at all.  Obviously in practice this is not the case,
the entire block is optional.  This would be a good thing to point out.

I should also point out that I'm not personally having any trouble with this,
I'm just trying to make life easier for Debian users who might install my
packages, and others who might be confused.

> As for the ices user stuff,
> yeah the ices configs are somewhat out of date as examples.  I've been
> meaning to ask about the username for the source for ages, but never
> remembered.  It's possible that there are other undocumented tags in the
> ices XML format.   I guess I should find some time to create some better
> sample configs and submit a patch.

Very cool.  Thanks!

 - Keegan