[icecast] Source XML for status.xsl

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Tue Apr 8 15:37:09 UTC 2003

> > What you could do is get all the admin functions available out of the
> > sourcecode
> > and write your own little webinterface which you could put on you webserver
> > and then protect it with http-auth :-)
>
> This is planned for within icecast, so if anyone else _does_ implement this,
> please consider contributing it :-)

Sigh.  I thought everyone would have learned by now what a bag of nasty
worms this is.  External interfaces are the way to go, and there were
the beginnings of a protocol for this even.  I like what Oddsock did
with his windows interface.  It would probably take a few hours of
hacking in pygtk or wxpython to create something similar for the rest of
us.

The web interface for icecast 1.3.x was nothing but problems (granted it
was badly done).

jack.