[icecast] libshout compile problems

Jane DT jdennett at diversity-radio.net
Tue Apr 8 02:11:30 UTC 2003

Hi,

I've been trying to compile icecast 2. As yet no joy, but came across
http://melmoth.dyndns.org/stream/doc
this is indirectly linked from the icecast site...but i was getting really
desperate when i thought i'd try my french -
please link this useful english docu directly!

But now... now i'm stuck. I'm following instructions in above mentioned
docu to the letter... and downloaded ogg, vorbis, vorbis tools, libshout
CVS tonight. This on debian woody

all ok until libshout, which does not even make it through autogen...
below is the output. ogg and vorbis were compiled in the same directory
(although there other versions of them, and also libshout elsewhere, but
--prefixes have been defined) Any help gratefully received.
jane
:

cygnus:/home/audio/stream/libshout# ./autogen.sh
--prefix=/home/audio/stream --exec-prefix=/home/audio/stream

Generating configuration files for libshout, please wait....
  aclocal
aclocal: m4/ogg.m4: 8: duplicated macro `XIPH_PATH_OGG'
aclocal: m4/vorbis.m4: 9: duplicated macro `XIPH_PATH_VORBIS'
  autoheader
autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.in
  libtoolize --automake
  automake --add-missing
configure.in: 14: required file `./config.h.in' not found
src/Makefile.am:5: HAVE_THREAD does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
src/Makefile.am:18: variable `MAYBE_THREAD_LIB' not defined
src/Makefile.am:18: variable `VORBIS_LIBS' not defined
src/Makefile.am:18: variable `OGG_LIBS' not defined
src/Makefile.am:9: variable `MAYBE_THREAD' not defined
examples/Makefile.am:8: variable `OGG_LIBS' not defined
examples/Makefile.am:8: variable `VORBIS_LIBS' not defined
  autoconf
./configure: line 1276: syntax error near unexpected token `config.h'
./configure: line 1276: `AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)'