[icecast] Directory Listings || icecast1 is not supported anymore

boink boink at tetter.xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 5 23:48:37 UTC 2003

icecast-1 is not supported anymore. all yp services listed in the old
icecast.conf don't exist anymore. shoutcast has shut off all yp
connections to any icecast software.

for icecast2, oddsock has been very kind and has set up and special yp
for icecast2 servers. url:

http://www.oddsock.org/icecast2yp/

cvs the latest icecast2, get what icecast2 needs, compile and install
the needed libraries and then compile and install icecast2/ices2.

in the latest cvs icecast2 you will find the oddsock icecast2yp config,
which is not on by default. it's up to you to switch it on.

Sadly, I can't say how it works on Windows, since I don't use Windows.
Though, I would imangine it wouldn't work that much differently.

icecast2 can stream both mp3 and ogg.

boink