[icecast] Ogg doesn't measure up?!

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Fri Apr 4 02:00:59 UTC 2003

> Also of significance was the extent
> which other applications would be able to play back the audio,
> including our most popular players (Winamp, iTunes, and RealPlayer,
> respectively.)

AFAIK, realplayer is the only one of these available for *nix, and last I
checked, this was only realplayer 8 (not realone).  So it would appear to
me that operating systems other than windows and mac are not on their
raidar.  This is unfortunate and disapointing, given that they themselves
use and provide servers for several *nix variants.

Geoff.