[icecast] Radio france in ogg

boink boink at tetter.xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 2 08:02:26 UTC 2003

yes, having worked at an isp, most people do use 56k modems. the 33k
modem went out years ago, just as the 14k modem did before it.

though, when using a 56k modem, upstream is never more than 33k and the
real connection is between 44k and 48k, insh'allah.

thus, for those out of adsl/cable range and still have to rely on those
slow but trusty little 56k modems, a stream of around 30k is just right.
that's why I did my stream in that range.

boink