[icecast] Radio france in ogg

boink boink at tetter.xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 1 22:42:31 UTC 2003

no, that hasn't been my experience at all.

when I put the Radio 100 stream into 32kbps/22khz with darkice, there
was a big improvement in sound quality. And it was better than just in
mono.

Radio 100 plays mostly "alternative" and "experimental" music.

Sadly, I had to the Radio 100 stream back down to 30kbps/11khz stereo
since it's being encoded on even a cheaper box which again couldn't
handle darkice.

as for a mono stream which could sound much better in stereo than it
does in mono (the lesser of the two evils here) then listen to this
stream:

http://www.onamallorca.net:8000/ona.ogg

likewise, it would sound much better at 22khz mono as well.

boink.