[icecast] Radio france in ogg

boink boink at tetter.xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 1 13:53:17 UTC 2003

well, I guess I couldn't use their ogg service since linux.fr has it in
their page. yes, their servers got "slashdotted". that happened to me
too with my own ogg stream.

after playing with it a while, I found out there are using oddsock's
windows stuff and tv-radio.fr is doing the streams.

adly, they screwed up a lot. The streams are of bad quality, quite
shocking for a company which offers this "service". They're streaming
only in 22050/11khz mono.

I'm doing my stream around 30 kbps/11khz in *stereo*. I intended to stop
with my stream when Radio France finally got their stream up and
running, but I might think this over now.

However, I offered tv-radio.fr my services *free* (just as vorbis offers
their stuff free :). If they really care to improve the quality, they
just might take me up on it.

anyway, you decide.

1) my France Inter stream:

http://unix.rulez.org:8888/fr-inter.ogg