[icecast] Stream read too fast / too slow

Cédric Mallet malletc3 at cti.ecp.fr
Mon Sep 23 17:09:17 UTC 2002

I know this is a recurrent question but I did not find anything to
answer it in the archive...

Here is my problem : after a file has been sent and read normally,
sometimes the next one is read twice as slow or twice as fast as it
should be. This is fixed by stopping the client and starting it again :
this means that the problem does not really comes from the stream, which
seams somehow to be correct...For example, any client connecting in the
middle of the file would not be affected. I tried this with Winamp, XMMS
and the BASS libs, with the same results each time.

I noticed that this happened with low bitrate files, but converting them
to 128kbps did not change anything.

Any help welcome...

--
Ced