[icecast] Broadcast schedular

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sun Oct 27 11:49:46 UTC 2002

Hi:

I wonder if anyone here knows of a project that will do what I'm looking
for.  I need a program to produce playlists for ices or ices2 (both,
initially) that can play some items randomly while playing other content in
sequence or at specific times.  What I'm looking for is something that will
produce playlists acording to a format clock as is used in the radio
industry.  I need to be able to tell it, for example, to schedule a
sponsorship from a particular company in every second hour.

I've found a couple of things that have potential but don't suit my
requirements.  Tobasco's Amazing Clock & Wheel
(http://www.riograndemud.com/clockwheel/clockwheel.htm) does the kind of
thing I want, as far as I can tell, but has two drawbacks.  First, it runs
under windows.  I want something that runs under LInux.  Secondly, it uses
a GUI.  I need something that is text-based.  since this is all about
defining rules, this ought to be possible with a configuration file of some
sort.

The other project that looks like it might have potential is Mambo Jambo
PLaylist (http://www.oddsock.org/tools/mjplaylist).  This seems to have
more of a textual approach.  Unfortunately, it also runs under windows and
I'm somewhat disinclined to install it just to see if it's the sort of
thing I want, when I need something that runs under LInux anyway.  It also
seems to lack the ability to play items in sequence, which will be needed
for this project.

I've scoured freshmeat and not come across anything, or at least nothing
that *appears* to be what I want.  Is anyone here using the kind of thing
I'm looking for?  If so what?

Thanks in advance,
Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html