[icecast] Streaming info in HTML

Reuben D. Budiardja reubendb at innovativethought.com
Thu Oct 24 23:06:50 UTC 2002

Hi,
Once upon a time, I can access the admin information such as client connected,
streaming title/artist, etc, from web browser by browsing:
http://servername:port/admin

I used to had this just worked when I installed icecast and ices on the same
machine.
I then switch machines and have icecast in machine A, ices in machine B,
connecting to icecast using mountpoint <mount> to machine A.

Now I can't figure out how to have those information through the web again.
When I browse:
http://machineA:port/admin
I got "403 FORBIDDEN You don't have access to this entity (stream or file)"

How do I get this to work? Is this information available on the machine that
running icecast (the streamer server) or the one that running ices (the
streamer client) ? if yes, where?

I looked through icecast.conf and still can't figure this out. In general, is
the information such as song title and artist available in the machine that
is running icecast, and where.

The problem is that some mp3 client incapable of displaying streamed infor
such as song title, and I'd like to find a way to make that available.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Reuben D. B.

/"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign against HTML
\ /  email and proprietary format