[icecast] Windows Streamer for Icecast2 ???

Richard richard at freespeech.org
Fri Oct 11 23:56:30 UTC 2002

Help!
 we're trying to set up an online radio station for Columbus day here
in Denver and can't seem to find a good working streamer for a windows
machine! Icecast2 works fine when I use the ices2 streamer on the same
linux box. What do you recommend - winamp plugin seems like the
easiest but seem like we get an error (using Samcast)

ERR_NOLOGIN
SAMcast failed to log into the streaming server
Possible causes:
- Bad password. Double check your password
- Wrong server type. Make sure you chose the correct server type.
[ICEcast
or SHOUTcast]
  (Live365 users should specify SHOUTcast)
-          Slow connection. On rare occasions the login will timeout.
Just
retry when this happens

point us to a simple windows streaming solution. Perhaps Samcast don't
like the new icecast2 ???

Cheers
Richard