[icecast] Requesting some support...

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Tue Oct 8 23:20:37 UTC 2002

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Christian Pomar wrote:

> I have downloaded and compiled icecast. I have modified the configuration
> file and added a test mp3 file in /usr/local/icecast/static/ann.mp3.
> When I point any browser or winamp to http://martescooh.org:8000 or
> http://martescooh.org:8000/ann.mp3 the cosole shows the following:

Acording to the icecast manual, you should be calling your file as follows:

http://martescooh.org:8000/file/ann.mp3

It's awhile since I downloaded and fiddled with icecast 1.x, but somewhere
there is a nice file called manual.html which is the icecast 1.x manual
which has lots of good stuff in it.   Well worth the read.

Geoff.