[icecast] liveice sending horrible static noise?

Tim Pozar pozar at lns.com
Mon Oct 7 02:39:55 UTC 2002

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 08:29:56PM -0600, jessew wrote:
> Ah...  mixice has nothing to do with liveice, does it?

Nope.  More than a year (two?) ago liveice used file pipes to move
data around and my OS (FreeBSD) wasn't happy with this.  I wrote
Mixice as I needed a solution for the radio stations I stream.
Mixice is still being used at these stations as it is rock solid
and very hackable (yeah perl!).

> I'm using liveice to encode the stream...  and being on a big-endian powerpc
> machine, I've tried all I can to disable that byte-swapping option in LAME,
> which *should* fix the problem, but doesn't....

Sigh...

Tim