[icecast] Always starts playing at the beginning of a stream

mkong at intisoft.com mkong at intisoft.com
Fri Oct 4 06:52:33 UTC 2002

I can't remember the result when using the static/fileserv feature of IceCast.  But when I used the web server (Apache) to serve the mp3 file, there was one time the stream stop in the middle of the playback and didn't recover.  In terms of quality, it is comparable to using "live" stream with IceCast.  And using http file serving method, I loose the feature of naming and providing additional information of the stream (I guess if I know what header information to send, that could be done as well).