[icecast] NEWBIE QUESTION - ERROR [BAD PASSWORD]

Zazemoa zazemoa at libertysurf.fr
Thu Nov 28 14:35:31 UTC 2002

hello,

i have the same problem than  Lukas Bulwahn

Le Mercredi 20 Novembre 2002 15:30, "Mitchell Smith" a écrit :
> The Debian Icecast server is compiled with password crypt support, which
> means you can't put the password in in cleartext.  You will have to
>
> apt-get install makepasswd
>
> and do something like
>
> echo "password" > passwd.tmp
> makepassword --crypt --clearfrom=passwd.tmp

omeone would know the right command!?... i tryed with mkpasswd but it didn't
give me a password , i have an error (mkpasswd: option non reconnue «--crypt)»

can i make my password just like that:
mkpassword mypassword

that gives me something like that: 4LjU5LpF45... is it that i have to paste
on my icecast.conf

> and paste the encrypted password in to your icecast.conf
file.

> Hope this helps.

yes that help me...

> From Mitchell