[icecast] directory servers

Scott Prive Scott.Prive at storigen.com
Fri Nov 22 17:35:50 UTC 2002

You are correct. I don't know. I spend an hour or so a week reading posts here, but I can't *actively* follow everything, especially IRC.

My suggestion here is, for someone who IS involved, post a Weekly Status. Even a small one.

> Just because you don't see us doing anything doesn't mean
> that it won't happen
> or that it is not going to happen. We have several people
> working on new
> pages. When they're done, they will be uploaded and posted.
>
> As Mike said, this is a volunteer project. Read his message
> again. Other than
> an email address @xiph.org, I haven't received any money. We
> do what we can.
>
> I invite you to help then, instead of wasting your energy
> here.

Accepted. :-)
Not sure what to do. At my current level of involvement I would prefer to choose a job from a list. I only have a few hours to offer at a time (working at a startup and all..).

I'm sure you
> have useful skills that would make Xiph.org (and it's
> NEGLECTED pages) a
> better project for all.

Thank you (and Michael) for explaining the situation, and past problems which caused the website to become neglected.

I know some shell and Perl, and am a good software tester. My understanding of webpage languages is all circa-1996 stuff (want hardcoded HTML diffs against the outdated webpages?)