[icecast] buffer size from source to ice/shoutcast

Brandon bcasci at runbox.com
Sat Nov 16 01:11:29 UTC 2002

Very good.......very very good. The answer was so obvious too...thanks for
the help.

I understand the what you are doing. You are constantly checking the time
because you are throttling the data incase you send it too fast. If you send
it too slow..noproblem...just send it faster., and then throttle back when
you've sent too much.

All I have done so far was base my buffer on an even 1K instead of 1024 and
its already improved greatly.

On a side note my, there is a little red light on Winamp..itsto the left of
the elapsedtime. It lights up when the server its connected stops sending it
data. Minelights up at random intervals. Do you think that is because my
source may be bursting the data to SHOUTcast? Just wondering because I'm
using some TCP Socket libraries, and who knows what they may be doing behind
the scenes. Its no big deal, I was just wondering why it woudl do
that.....the stream plays fine regadless.