[icecast] IceS 2 - scripted playlist

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Nov 7 23:21:54 UTC 2002

At 07:12 PM 7/11/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi -
>Sorry if this has been answered - i've been away from this list for a few
>months.
>Just got IceS 2 and Icecast 2 setup and running :)
>Looking at the sample ices-playlist.xml, it seems only the basic playlist
>type is implemented. Looking at the source, however, (and this is a bad
>idea I'm sure, because I am a novice programmer:) there seems to be some
>reference to a scripted playlist.
>If there is indeed some support (however limited) can anyone give
>hints/tips for making it do something?
>
>Specifically, can I write a Perl script to generate the 'next' file I want
>Ices2 to play?

Yes.
Configure it with this script module, and then add another parameter
"program", which is the path to the program you wish to run. This
program (which can be something like a perl script) should write a
single line to stdout, then exit. The single line should be a filename,
this is what ices2 will play next.

Michael