[icecast] icecast + liveice won't play nicely

Ben Timby btimby_indy at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 7 04:21:51 UTC 2002

I have gotten icecast and live ice both up and
running, but I cannot get them to play nicely
together. I have the following in my configs:

icecast:
 --
encoder_password test
admin_password test

liveice:
 --
SERVER 192.168.1.2
PORT 8001

but when I run both of them using:

./icecast
./liveice

I get (from icecast):
-> [06/Nov/2002:23:33:23] Kicking source 1
[192.168.1.2] [Bad Password] [encoder], connected for
0 seconds, 0 bytes transfered. -1 sources connected

am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Ben Timby