[icecast] install doc v0.00001

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Wed May 29 14:26:06 UTC 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002, adam wrote:

> cvs -z 1 co module
> ...substituting the specific desired module for module. The modules you
> need are:
> icecast
> ogg
> vorbis

Using Vorbis from CVS is not a good idea except perhaps just prior to a
release.  there are times when its functionality is severely reduced or it
just plain doesn't compile.  I'd suggest going with stock standard RC3
release tarballs until we hear there's something functional and improved to
grab from CVS, or we hear that icecast CVS requires the use of Vorbis CVS
for some new feature or something.  The last thing that people who wish to
simply run a server want to see is a batch of problems caused by unstable
Vorbis code.

> You should have a file that looks like this:
> - <icecast>
>   <location>Linux-speakup.org</location>

Note that I wrote up this file almost 12 months ago, and parameters may
have been added since I wrote it.

BTW: If you want to hear a stream this server broadcasts, you can check out
Kirk's broadband egoplay stream at
http://bumpy.braille.uwo.ca:9000/egoplay.ogg

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html