[icecast] mount point icy_n

ladio ladio at mail.ladio.net
Wed May 22 00:38:25 UTC 2002

Hello. My name is Tomoaki Abe. I'm a manager of a Japanese

Internet Broadcast Station. I'm here to report a problem about
Icecast1.3.12.
Sorry for my bad English.

The following is a brief summary of the problem.

When you connect using shoutcastDSP,
you are assigned different mount points accordingly from small to larger
numbers.
But due to a bug that we have discovered recently with the Icecast server
software, oftentimes we experience troubles connecting.

[issues with zero](sorry we don't know the particular name for this
problem)

We have no clue of why this is happening. $B!!(B
Suppose when two or more numbers (or mount points) are missing, only the
number subtracted by 1 from the latest mount point number is available for
broadcast.
When only one number is missing, all the other mount points become
totally unavailable.

In other words, (note: the left side indicates the numbers that are taken)

icy_0 , 1 , 2            $B"*(B mount point 3 is available

       icy_ 2            $B"*(B 1 becomes the only available mount point
    icy_1 , 2            $B"*(B all other mount points become totally
unavailable
icy_0 ,     2            $B"*(B all other mount points become totally
unavailable

This problem occurs no matter which number it starts from. Due to this
problem, a lot of times we have to disconnect to start all over with 0, in
order to allow other users to start their broadcast. We found that quite
inconvenient. Hopefully you will consider this problem. Thank you.