[icecast] Input monitoring...

Chris Riddell criddell at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 26 12:14:51 UTC 2002

This is not an icecast-related question per se, but I thought this best forum
to get an answer:

Can someone point me in the direction of script or tool that I can use to
monitor the input levels on the line-in on my sound card, so that darkice can
be brought up and down based on a sound level threshold?  While I'm not a
programmer, nor do I play one on TV, I can write shell scripts and understand
perl enough (?) to make a go at modifying an exisitng script.

Is the oss-perl module a place to start?  Is anyone on the list doing
omething like this?  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris