[icecast] Looking for a non-graphical mp3 streaming tool

Bob Van Cleef vancleef at microunity.com
Fri Mar 22 21:02:14 UTC 2002

Hi;

I want to use a headless, debian linux box (no console) as my audio
streamer.  I've installed shoutcast and icecast multiple times without
problems, but I have yet to find a streaming tools as effective as WinAMP
on a windows box.

I don't need the graphics and don't want to listen to the source on the
server (a sparcstation 10), I just want something that I can use to
develop a playlist from my 3Gig mp3 collection and feed a stream to the
icecast server.

I've looked through http://www.icecast.org/index.html, in the past, but
doesn't appear to be updated that often.  (Last news was posted Tuesday,
August 7, 2001)

Pointers to a nice tool set would be appreciated.

Bob

Bob Van Cleef, Systems Administrator             (408) 734-8100
MicroUnity, Inc.                             FAX (408) 734-8136
376 Martin Ave., Santa Clara, CA 95050  vancleef at microunity.com